My Blue Blouse
by Rachel Adams
I was in an outlet store in the USA, Banana Republic. I tried on what was the only shirt in the shop in a particular shade of blue. It was a size too small, but hope springs eternal.
It was too tight.
I continued to wander for a bit and just as we were about to go to pay for other items a saleslady came up with the shirt in the next size.
She said she decided to have a quick look in the warehouse and see if there was a bigger size.
She also added that she thought the colour was great on me. She suggested I try it on.
It fit, I bought it. This was a heavily discounted shirt.
This was a good piece of customer service -
1. By her thoughtfulness she had far exceeded my expectations
2. It made me feel very positive about the brand - Banana Republic - Hilton Head Island!
3. Her compliment seemed authentic and made me feel good
4. Because of the price of the item I felt it wasn't all about the money, rather making sure I got something that suited me, which is what most people want when they buy a garment.
5. By her attentiveness I considered I had been noticed and my needs were important to them.